Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Glasses

Well….here’s what……..

I an eye. Srujana. I need. That. I my brown eyes, and I that’s the me that’s beautiful. I am the one Sonali the school who, and she’s friends. We go of see the eye, we, the eye, who a like Sonali, me, school she that I. Here’s how the conversation.

Me: (Nothing).

Eye: Just fine?

Me: Yes?

Eye: Have you made any new friends?

Me: Not really.

Eye: How has my niece been to you?

Me: Your?

Eye: Yes, Sonali Matthews? She’s in the lobby right now reading a swim magazine.

Me: Oh.

Eye: I’ll call her in, Sonal? Bangaru thali? (Sonali came into the room.)

Sonali: Ounoo? Oh, hi Kaya.

Eye: I was thinking you could help Kaya find some glasses.

Sonali: Sure! But…um….Rebecca was coming over today…in fact, in a few minutes….

Eye: But don’t you want to help your friend choose a fashionable pair? I’m sure Rebecca would be happy to help. (She looked at me.)

Sonali: OK…..(She spoke hesitantly and then walked out with me.)

We first on a of blue, a pair of, and a of black that like Sonali’s. I on a brown of that I, but Sonali “Nah,”. I on a of. On me, but I, and Sonali too, we! Rebecca, Ruthie, and Neela in. Sonali feet. I . Rebecca. “What’s with you?”

Sonali: I don’t know.

Rebecca: Have you been emailing Tara and Jadyn recently too? Has Kaya inspired you to once again join the Queen Bees, or better known as, the Mean Bees? Is Kaya a member too now? When you visited Chrissa last weekend did you leave her and go hide some people’s valentines? (Sonali was silent. I knew I had to say something, and finally I did. Sonali backed me up, now it was my turn to back her.)

Me: I bad in the I, not I. And Sonali not. You not me. And you Sonali of a, you not. I school and lunch. Sonali, what you?

Sonali: (Sniffling) I love…..slumber parties with friends and…..swi….swimming….(Stammering)

Rebecca: Well, if you accuse me of not knowing Sonali, than maybe you are a bully. After all, your friend boasted, did not take care of her little sister, did not tell Swan Circling the truth AND what is on your face Miss Aton My?

Sonali: That is the pair of glasses that Kaya is not going to get. That incident happened in Kaya’s ninth year. And Kaya….(She and a of and my ears.) this is your pair.

Ruthie: Are you kidding? They look hideous!

Sonali: That’s what you think. (She grabbed my hand and we walked out of the store.)

Induja Athaa! We’re going back now!

Eye: Bye!

Sonali and I that. She go back Julie, she she me. She, we. Srujana and we. Rebecca is. Is Julie. I am of. I that Sonali the school, but……well, she.

Kaya

(P.S. from Sonali: Kaya kept asking me how to spell every single thing I said, and what she said, so I just told her to spell what she knows. Eye means Eye Doctor. It's hard to get the story, but Rebecca was mean to Kaya, basically. Also, don't forget to check out the photo contest on the previous post!)
(P.P.S. from Kaya: Is my vocabulary big?)

No comments:

Post a Comment