Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot! Plus Denmark.

We went through a scorching period of hot-ness here in the Northwest, and I cannot believe how hot it is still! 83 degrees. The other day, Srajana and her friend, who I will call by her first initial, A., walked to the nearby Dollar Tree. They came back, only to check the thermostat to find that the weather a whopping 98 degrees! (Those of you that live in Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, I apologize if this seems like low temperature to you. But it goes the same way for rain in other places-a drizzle for Oregonians here is like a warning to tourists-Don't step outside! But anyways....)
Two days ago, Kaya left Cambodia for Denmark-actually Europe! People are pretty upset over there apparently because of their crushing defeat by the Netherlands. But an audio walk of Copenhagen helped her stop listen to the complaints. She said she could understand most of it, but not nearly all of it. She said she saw a flyer for a "treatment" today, and did not understand what it was, but the person in the future looked very happy and relax, so she signed up. She then found out what a spa treatment was and had her nails painted and her hair curled. She said "I never go to a......spa....." Her next stop is Ecuador! Lucky girl.
So, I am sitting in the flower garden posting this, when I SHOULD be doing distributive property equations. Oh well. Even though school is out, if we are not visiting family, we have to repeat the class we did worst in. Mine is math, and Neela's is social studies. I barely scratched out a 90% in pre-algebra, and I never understood the distributive property......so, yeah. Gwen can't afford a flight to Minnesota and back, so we time travel back a day so we can. Since we are modern dolls, we can't time travel back to "our own time period" so we either need to catch a plane, or time travel back a day. I am the only modern girl who can time travel in our whole school, so I take Gwen with me sometimes. But I miss Kaya so much! I never know exactly where she is, so I can't really meet her in Ecuador, or Fiji, where she is going after Ecuador. Oh well.
Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment