Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Unbelievable!

My new friend Sonali me back in time! Back in my time! '66! I am no of date, but......no......My English is no good. Well, Sonali me '66 and I my house. My sisters, brothers, mother, and father there. We go to Kausta and eat in she house. Delicious food! My first good meal since I first go to school. My mother and father go me there, I no go to schools here, in the '66. Bad food, bad dresses, bad. Schools where Nimmipu girls and boys go. Bad, bad, bad schools! Sonali talk Saturday or Friday.
Kaya
(Note from Sonali: Kaya is talking about boarding schools where the United States government is paying bad people to teach Native American to be "civilized". Kaya's parents thought that it was better if Kaya went to the future to learn how to survive in the "new" way of life, rather than with the very people trying to change it. I think Kaya's English is improving. Don't you? Gotta go. I have to calculate 97 times 330 and a bunch more like that! I also have to freeze some cold facial cream for a party at school-I'm in charge of face painting! I have to make the paint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment