Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Trip to the Trails

Last weekend, after Srajana's dramatic Odyssey post, I went to the trails and the park with Srajana, her dad, and her little sister. It was fun! At the park, I stood on third base and hit a few balls too. Gwen and Kaya could not come with me because they are studying for their huge final exam. I am in utter exasperation with them because they take forever on their tests. Gwen because she is so scared of losing her Honor Scholarship, and Kaya because she can't understand word problems. At least now you can have a normal conversation with her. Gwen needs to get a C on the test or higher so that she can go to AG Daisy next year. Kaya can solve math problems quickly, but its the word problems that stump Kaya's brain. But onwards!
This is a river that runs throughout the place we live. But I can't say what river it is because that will attract stalkers. All I can say is that it is a very muddy river.
This is me waiting for Srajana and her family to be done skipping stones. But it is very nice.
Here is me sitting on a fence by the beautiful river leaning against a post-Srajana's sister was so worried I would fall of the fence!

Here is me sitting on a much older, rugged, mossy fence deep into the green forest. Here in Oregon, it is like this everywhere! (Except old, rugged, mossy fences.)

Well, that was my post for today! I have to help Ruthie practice Ashokan Farewell on the violin for her solo at our end-of-the-year concert on Tuesday. She just switched from flute to violin. The last day of school is next Friday! Whoop! Whoop! Yahoo! Personally, I think my posts and pictures are getting better. And all commentors, thank you so very much!
-Sonali Mythri Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment