Saturday, May 29, 2010

ODYSSEY EQUALS EVILNESS!!!!!!!!!!

This has to be a quick post-sorry I haven't had time to post! Why? Three simple words.

ODYSSEY EQUALS EVILNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, seriously, it is finally not my fault that I did not post. You see, my teacher assigned the original Homer Odyssey the Monday after my last post. Because of all that horrid homework, plus math, Spanish, Roman report, etc, I have had 0 time to post and I had to stay up till eleven for a week also. When I finally finished, I had math stuff to catch up on. Plus, I was auditioning for a musical, and had to prepare for that too. Let alone a bunch of text book stuff I WAS given, that I thought I did not have to do. But enough complaining. After a week of finally having the time to read other blogs and catch up, I have given myself permission to write a post. Anyways, this post will be all about how much I hate the Odyssey. E, A, K, and S, if you are reading this, please don't comment! It's for safety reasons. Tell me at school. Also, if you don't like long complaining-ish posts, you may not want to read this. HOWEVER, I find it quite interesting and it's probably a dire warning not to read any literature by Homer.

Sooo......

The Odyssey is a stupid book,
About a guy who should die in a brook.
Here is the story of what happened to him,
After Odysseus left Troy by the brim.

He went to a cave to get some cheese,
Guess who came? Well, it wasn't bees.
Cyclops ate all of Odysseus' men.
That did not have normal names like Jack, James, and Ben.

They rid of Cyclops and started for,
Charybdis and Scylla, who were not a bore.
Charybdis was a whirpool, Scylla a beast,
Then they ate God's cattle, what a feast!

Everyone died except our hero,
Who I wish had a simpler name, like Nero.
He ended up on Calypso's horrible island,
And then left for Alcinoos-why not Ryland?

He then met Athena,
Who said he must not act like a hyena.
Odysseus went to his swineherd's home,
And there, dressed, ate, and combed.

He met his son and made a plan,
So the suitors from his house he could ban.
They hid the weapons, but the nurse found out,
Odysseus swore her to secrecy all about.

Odysseus strung the arrow hard,
Oh, Homer is worse than the Bard!
Antinoos dropped dead and bloody,
Likewise fell his old buddy.

Eventually Odysseus met his wife again,
And Telemachos was happy-but he'd be happier if he was just Ken.
So this horrible story is now told simple,
If you read this story, I'm sure you will get a dimple!

So, I'm very sorry you had to read this long complaining post,
But my poetry is not to boast,
I hope this poem settles your wish to read,
The very epic poem-
The Odyssey.

Sorry there has not been anything about the dolls in this post! I promise to put in something next time. It's just that there has not been much going on, and I had to put this into words somehow.

Thanks for your patience!
Srajana








1 comment:

  1. Oh, we had to read the Odyssey last semester in English. I didn't think it was too bad, but maybe that's because we read part of it in class & had a few books a week to read on our own.

    Hopefully, you'll be less busy now. :)

    ~Starr~

    ReplyDelete