Sunday, August 22, 2010

Math Testing and Career Day

We had math testing today. At least some of us. A few of us, like Rebecca, took it earlier. Urgh. I hate problems like b over 17+4=-4. Those bug me. But oh well, I think I did pass.
We are having a career day on the third day of school where parents talk about their careers. Neela's dad is a rice farmer, Julie's dad will talk about being a pilot, Rebecca's dad will talk about owning a shoe shop, Sonali's mother will talk about selling real estate, Felicity's dad will talk about owning a store, and my mom will be talking about being a secretary.
Our family used to farm the corn belt, at least on my dad's side. Then he married my mom and we moved into an apartment until he left. I still remember him saying, though, "Every Thompson must love corn. It's in our genes." I kind of miss him and I wonder why he left.
Well, I'll talk later,
Always,
Gwen Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment